Terms and Conditions for Online Sale (“Terms of Sale”)
The terms and conditions stated herein below are agreed between Qatar Distribution Company W.L.L. ("QDC", "we", “our”, or "us") with its registered office at P.O. Box 9483, State of Qatar, party of the first part, and any physical person or moral entity, intending to purchase through the QDC website www.qdc.com.qa (“Website”), hereinafter referred to as the “BUYER” “Your”, or “You”, party of the second part.
The terms and conditions of online sale stated herein below govern the contractual relationship between QDC and the BUYER, as well as any purchase made by the BUYER through the QDC website online.
The purchase of goods through the QDC website implies that the BUYER unconditionally accepts the terms of sale herein.
The terms of sale herein prevail over any other general or specific terms, which have not been expressly approved by QDC.
QDC reserves the right to modify the terms of sale herein at any time without any prior notice to the BUYER. In this case, the applicable terms shall be those in effect on the date of the order is placed by the BUYER.
Although QDC makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of our website information and pricing, regrettably changes and errors do occasionally occur and we reserve the right to correct prices and other details in such circumstances.
GOODS OFFERED FOR SALE
The goods offered for sale are those contained in the catalogue displayed on the QDC web site.
These goods are offered for sale while the stock last. If, despite QDC’s vigilance, any product becomes unavailable, QDC will notify the BUYER by email, SMS, telephone conversation or other social media forms of communication to that effect as soon as the corresponding order is received.
Prices are listed on the QDC website in Qatari Riyals.
QDC reserves the right to modify its prices at any time, with the understanding that the prices listed in the catalogue at the time of purchase shall be applicable to the BUYER.
The listed prices is excluding order processing costs.
To make a purchase on the QDC web site, the BUYER must:
- Complete the identification form with the requested contact information and BUYER’S QDC permit number;
- Complete the online purchase process with items selected for purchase;
- Review and validate the order after having verified its accuracy; and
- Confirm the purchase order and complete online payment.
All of the provided information and the registered order constitute proof of the transaction. Confirmation by the BUYER signifies signature and acceptance of the concerned transactions.
After the BUYER has completed the order and payment is completed, QDC will send the BUYER a confirmation email.
Orders shall be processed by QDC Customer Service and be available for collection at BUYER’S predetermined date & time of collection in the Orders placed online by the BUYER.
QDC reserves the right to cancel any order by a BUYER who is late with payment or who is party to an unresolved dispute with regard to a previous order.
The BUYER shall not have the right to modify the confirmed order.
ORDER PROCESS AND CONCLUSION OF PURCHASE AGREEMENT
- The goods available on QDC catalogue online does not represent an offer but shall be understood as a non-binding invitation for the BUYER to submit an order.
- By clicking the “CHECKOUT” button, you send us a binding offer for the conclusion of Order with QDC regarding the goods in your shopping cart limited to the quota allocated to the BUYER (hereinafter referred to as “Order”).
- QDC may, at its discretion, accept or reject the Order. QDC will accept your Order by sending an order confirmation to you. Unless otherwise stated, the effective date of the Order is the date on which QDC confirms by email the acceptance of your Order.
If you place an Order through QDC Website, the ordering process comprises three steps:
- You select the desired goods.
- You check all items in your shopping cart and apply any necessary changes. You click the “Check out” button to proceed for order confirmation.
- Finally, on the “Checkout” page, the method of payment to be selected as ‘online payment’ and you confirm your acceptance of the conditions that shall apply to the purchase. By clicking “CHECKOUT”, your Order becomes binding.
- With our order confirmation, we will send you a copy of the corresponding Order, including the corresponding invoice, to your email address.
TAKE AWAY OF ORDER, CUSTOMER SERVICE AND REFUNDS/CANCELLATIONS
- Confirmed Orders by QDC shall be ready for collection at BUYER’S predetermined date and time, following completion of Order confirmation by the BUYER and BUYER receiving the confirmation from QDC as an acknowledgement of the Order received by QDC.
- BUYER shall ensure that the confirmed Order is collected by the BUYER ONLY within the BUYER’S predetermined date and time allocation during the working hours of QDC. Order/s not collected by the BUYER at BUYER’S predetermined date and time, shall be cancelled and BUYER will need to place a new Order for the Goods at the prevailing rates when the new Order is placed by the BUYER. QDC shall process a refund against the Order, which is not collected, and the refunds will be allocated to the BUYER’s QDC customer account in the form of a ‘Store Credit’. The BUYER will then have access to the ‘Store Credit’ at any time upon the BUYER’s walk-in purchase at QDC. Buyer hereby waives its right to demand any kind of additional benefits on account of the accumulated Store-Credit. The ‘Store Credit’ cannot be used for any future online Orders and purchases, a new payment will have to be made for new online purchases to be placed by the BUYER.
- In order to request a refund/cancellation, BUYER will have to request to QDC via the ‘Contact Us’ page on the QDC website, select the ‘Click & Collect’ drop down and quote the order reference number and mention a request for refund.
- Payment is required at the time of Order by the BUYER through online payment portal.
- Online payment of Order must be made exclusively by bank debit or credit card, using the secure payment system to ensure that transmitted data is software encrypted and that no third party can intercept this data during transmission on the network.
- A paid invoice receipt will be issued to the BUYER at the time of collection of Order with details of the Order.
- For all information or questions, QDC Customer Service can be contacted by telephone at (+974) 4429 9777, or by email at email@example.com or via the ‘Contact Us’ section of the QDC Website.
QDC is held only to an obligation of means in the online sale process. QDC may not be held liable for any prejudice or damage resulting from the use of the Internet network, such as loss of data, intrusion, virus, service breakdown or other problems outside of its control.
Unless QDC is proven to have defaulted intentionally or through gross negligence, QDC’s total liability in any matter arising out of or related to these terms and conditions is limited to the purchase price of the Order.
All documents and every constitutive element on the QDC web site are the exclusive intellectual property of QDC.
The reproduction, exploitation, redistribution or use of all or part of any visual, auditory or software element or document from the QDC web site is strictly prohibited.
QDC is committed to protecting BUYER’S privacy and complying with applicable data protection and privacy laws and the protection of BUYER’S Personal Data that BUYER provide to QDC in the course of making a purchase or using QDC Website. By "Personal Data" QDC mean any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Personal Data will be processed for the purposes of performing BUYER’S purchase or inquiries in accordance with QDC Privacy Notice which can be found on QDC Website.
APPLICABLE LAW AND COMPETENT JURISDICTION
The sales terms and conditions herein are subject to the laws of the State of Qatar. In case of dispute, the courts situated in the State of Qatar shall have exclusive jurisdiction to decide the dispute.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is invalid, illegal or unenforceable under the law of jurisdiction, this shall not affect the validity, legality or enforceability of any other provision of these terms and conditions under the law of jurisdiction.
If QDC becomes entitled to exercise any right or remedy under these terms and conditions or by law or regulation, no failure to exercise, no delay in exercise and no single or partial exercise of that right or remedy shall:
- adversely affect that right or remedy;
- waive it; or
- prevent any further exercise of it or of any other right or remedy.